Postgres: The First Experience
«Postgres: The First Experience» book contains basic information about this DBMS and its main features, the history of its development and product roadmap, step-by-step installation instructions and a getting started guide.
We hope our book will make your first experience with PostgreSQL more pleasant and help you blend into the PostgreSQL community.
Download in PDF (4 MB)
A printed version of this book is often available for free at conferences where Prosgres Professional is participating.
From this book you will learn:
- What is PostgreSQL
- What’s new in PostgreSQL 12
- Installation on Linux and Windows
- Connecting to a server, writing SQL queries, and using transactions
- Learning the SQL language on a demo database
- Using PostgreSQL with your application
- Minimal server setup
- About a useful pgAdmin application
- Advanced features: full-text search, JSON format, and foreign data wrappers
- Education and certification opportunities
- Keeping up with all updates
- About the Postgres Professional company